So I’ve been 40 for a week and this is how it’s going thus far:
- My dad was put on a ventilator the morning of my birthday and he’s not really improving. (In case you didn’t know, he’s been in the hospital for two weeks and one day and is very, very sick.)
- I’m worried about my mom. She’s been through a lot the past, oh I don’t know, 15 years and my dad getting this sick is taking a toll on her.
I was holding a handful of klonopin in front of me and staring at the little yellow pills I was hoping would drain the life out of me.
It was a somewhat hot and humid day in June 2010 and I was mere seconds away from shoving those pills into my mouth. At the time, I knew what one Klonopin did to me – it made me very sleepy and even made me pass out mid-sentence one afternoon while talking to my…
This is from the slut walk. One of the arguments is that girls ask for rape because they wear slutty clothes, short skirts, tight, low-cut tops. This girl is an example of the fact that rape victims can look like anyone, you, me, this girl. Rapists. Dont. Discriminate.
I promised a long time ago that I’d reblog this whenever I saw it on my dash. No regrets, it breaks my heart every single time.
an incredibly important message, rape is rape. no one is ever asking for it. a woman has the right to dress how ever they want - it is society that identifies risque dressing as ‘asking for it’, and in my opinion, that way of thinking needs to be diminished.
Seriously if you see this and don’t reblog it, I have NO respect for you
Everyone should re-blog this. YES, IT IS THAT IMPORTANT!
Because indigenous Africans willingly boarded ships with inhuman conditions for the wonderfully better life of slavery in the United States ya’ll. This was found on the Facebook page Sons of Confederate Veterans, and Southerners wonder why they have the reputation they do.
Jesus fucking Christ. What a moron.
I’m going on vacation this week. A vacation from my laptop.
I am taking a break from writing, tweeting, Facebooking (which is apparently an acceptable verb because spell check didn’t underline it) and every other -ing that entails my logging into a computer because Stacey needs a break.
I feel as though my being on a computer 18-20 hours a day is killing my creativity. I need to go out and live…
I am in the homestretch.
I will be turning 40 years-old in 40 days and I wanted to come up with a list of 40 things I wanted to do before the milestone.
Here they are in no particular order:
- Go to the NYC Transit Museum. I love New York’s subway system.
- Ride a roller coaster or two. Maybe three.
- Get another tattoo. I know what I want but I’m not sure where I want to place it.
- Have brunch in the…
Can someone photoshop a flat iron into a picture where the Flatiron building should be? That would be really funny. Or really lame.. whatever. I’m tired.
a guy walked into the board room and said
"hi sweetheart if you could fix me up a coffee real quick im meeting with the regional reports manager in like five minutes, thanks darling"
and i just stared at him and coldly said
"i am the regional reports manager"
we are now twenty minutes into this board meeting and i dont think i’ve ever seen a man look so embarrassed and afraid in my whole life
Hahaha this made my day.
The wonderfully talented Jamie Kelly made this flyer that we’re distributing for our fundraiser for the Richard Durrett Family Fund this weekend. And holy shit, did our local sports broadcasting teams step up. We just started setting this up last week and already have 3 in-game experience packages set up with the Stars, Mavericks, and Rangers respectively.
Looks like we’ve had a few more items donated that I need to include here that are up for auction:
- Game day experience with Dallas Stars television play-by-play announcer Ralph Strangis
- Game day experience with Dallas Mavericks radio play-by-play announcer Chuck Cooperstein
- An inning in the booth with Texas Rangers radio play-by play announcer and hall of famer Eric Nadel
- Autographed bow tie from MLB on Fox’s Ken Rosenthal
- In-studio experience at 1310 The Ticket with Norm Hitzges and Mike Sirois
- In-studio experience at 105.3 The Fan with Ben Rogers and Skin Wade
- Game used autographed bat from Mark MacLemore
- Game used autographed bat from Rougned Odor
- Bleacher Report goodie bags
- Texas Rangers game tickets
- multiple gift cards to various area establishments
It is perfectly okay to write garbage—as long as you edit brilliantly.
— C.J. Cherryh (via writingquotes)